NJHIMSS is NOW ACCEPTING applications for our annual scholarships. Applications are due no later than May 31, 2017. Scholarships available for graduate students, undergraduate students, and veterans.
The New Jersey Chapter of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (NJ-HIMSS) is pleased to announce the 2017 Academic Scholarship program for students in a Healthcare Information Management, Healthcare Information Technology or a Clinical Informatics track.
NJHIMSS offers four different awards:
The Katrina Kehlet Graduate Award is offered in memory of Katrina Kehlet a longtime friend to NJ HIMSS.
She served as a senior leader for one of America’s leading technology companies and passed away in the Fall of
2012. To recognize her 20+ year career, her support for our chapter and her friendship, The NJ Chapter of
HIMSS established the Katrina Kehlet Graduate Award. This $5,000 Award is offered to one individual whose
essay embodies the passion, values and innovative use of technology that Katrina displayed in her career.
Through this action we hope to keep her memory, passion, and dedication in the forefront of our chapter activity
and academic support.
New to 2017, our chapter will award a second Graduate Award to another deserving individual pursuing a
Graduate degree. This award will be for $4,000.
The Veterans Award is offered to students pursuing an Associate, Baccalaureate or Graduate degree for
The Undergraduate Award is offered to students pursuing a Baccalaureate degree for $2,500.
Applicants for the NJ HIMSS scholarships must fulfill the following requirements:
- The student must be enrolled in an accredited Undergraduate, Graduate, or Doctoral program related to Healthcare Information Management, Healthcare Information Technology or Clinical Informatics. The specific degree program is not a critical factor, although it is expected that programs similar to those in healthcare informatics, healthcare computer science and information systems, healthcare policy and quantitative programs in business administration and hospital administration will predominate.
- The applicant must be attending a school in New Jersey or be New Jersey resident
- The recipient is requested to become a student member of the NJ HIMSS Chapter
- The applicant must have at least a B average or equivalent at the time of the application
- Veterans must have received an honorable or general discharge to be considered (if asked, the candidate would
- be able to provide the official DD-214)
Previous Scholarship winners are ineligible
All applicants are required to submit a copy of their academic transcripts and a 500-word essay on how they will impact the arena of Healthcare Informatics and/or Healthcare Technology
Applications will be accepted March 1, 2017 through May 31, 2017.
Winners and their schools will be notified by July 15, 2017.